You may also like:
Rafaela's Mum’s decadent Chocolate Caramel Slice
This is my Mum’s recipe for chocolate caramel slice.
A decadent Winter treat to savour by the fire.
3/4 cup Butter (chopped)
1/3 cup Caster sugar
3/4 cup Flour
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
2 tbl Golden syrup
1 1/2 cups Condensed milk
300g Dark Chocolate
To make the base:
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a square, 9 inch tin with a little butter.
2. Place 1/2 cup of the butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar. Beat with an electric whisk until pale and creamy.
3. Add the flour and coconut, folding with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before making the filling.
To make the filling:
1. Place the golden syrup, condensed milk, and remaining butter in a saucepan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens.
2. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and allow it to cool completely.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie (a bowl over simmering water), stirring until smooth. Spoon over the slice, smoothing with a palette knife, and chill until ready to serve.