You may also like:
Vance's Mince ‘n Cheese Pie
We love to make our children’s favourites at home, by doing this we know exactly what they’re eating – one day our sister was doing a special event and she asked us to make some of our pies, she sold out and we had people who had purchased the pies asking her where they could order them and they contacted us wanting to order 6pks/12pks for lunches and other occasions! Our pies are packed with tasty savoury mince and tasty Anchor and Ornelle’s melted tasty cheeses all in cased in a buttery crisp Edmonds Flaky Pastry shell.
Olivani Olive Oil
1 onion, finely chopped
Fresh garlic, finely chopped
800g Prime NZ Beef Mince
1 packet beef oxtail soup mix
3/4 cup water
750g Edmonds Flakey Puff Pastry
1 cup Anchor Tasty Cheese, grated
100g Ornelle Shaved Parmesan
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Caramelise the onions and garlic, then set aside in a bowl.
3. Add more oil to the pan and brown the mince. Once mince has been browned, add the cooked onions and garlic (if you’d like mushrooms in your pie, add them now!).
4. Dissolve the soup mix with boiling water, then pour into the pan. Simmer until the mixture thickens. Season to salt & pepper.
5. Fot individual pies, I like to use a muffin tin. Grease the tin with a bit of butter. Cut out your Edmonds Flaky Pastry – make the bottoms lager than the tops (so they can come up the sides). Line the tins with pastry bottoms. Spoon in the mince filling, then sprinkle with cheeses. Be generous! Add the top to the pies and press the edges down.
6. Brush the tops with beaten egg.
7. Bake until crisp and golden brown.
8. Serve immediately – these won’t last long because they taste so good!
Who said pies were hard to make, you can make as small savoury pies for parties and entertaining or as large pies for family meals, potlucks and lots more.