You may also like:
SAFIA's Hot and Spicy Prawn Toast
This is my version of an old favourite recipe.
450g Shore Mariner (peeled, deveined and tail-off) raw prawns – chopped
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Chinese salt
2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp of Edmond cornflour
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 eggs, beaten
Molenberg Bread Slices
Gold’n Canola Oil for frying
1. In a bowl, thoroughly mix chopped prawns with all the ingredients except bread.
2. Spread prawn mixture over bread, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. In a wok or deep fryer, heat the oil.
4. Carefully drop bread into hot oil, prawns side down, and fry until golden brown.
5. Turn once and fry for sometime. Remove from oil, drain on kitchen roll, and cut diagonally.
6. Serve with tomato or chilli sauce.