You may also like:
Rafaela's Chocolate self-saucing pudding
This is a must-have kiwi fave because it is so easy, and yet so delicious.
I first adapted this recipe for my family when I was Eleven and I’ve made it so many times that I don’t even measure the ingredients any more.
It is one of those winter warmers that can just be thrown together with minimum effort, which I’m all for!
1 cup Chocolate chips
1/2 cup Butter (chopped)
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Cocoa
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 1/2 cups SR Flour
1 cup Drinking chocolate
1 2/3 cups boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease the sides of a square, 9 inch baking dish with a little Butter and sprinkle the Chocolate chips evenly over the base of the dish.
2. Place the Butter in a saucepan over medium heat stirring until it is just melted (do not boil it).
3. Take the Butter off the heat and add the Eggs, Milk, Cocoa, and Sugar stirring well after each addition.
4. Gently fold in the Flour and spoon into the prepared baking dish.
5. Sieve or shake the Drinking chocolate evenly over the surface of the batter followed by the boiling water (try to do this slowly and gently to avoid any spillage or holes forming in the batter).
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the surface of the pudding is dry and firm.
Serve warm and, if in a truly indulgent mood, with ice cream.