You may also like:
Kirsty's Chicken Chimwemwe
Grandma used to make this, Mum then changed it slightly so each daughter had a different flavored soup and named after them. I’ve now adapted it again to be a little healthier. We make it every time we have people over and is requested by friends and family
1 roasted chicken, torn up into little pieces (you can use stir fried chicken but shredded is much nicer)
1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup of plain unsweetened Naturalea Yoghurt
1tbsp curry powder
1tbsp mustard powder (less if you prefer)
1tbsp of lemon juice
1 head of broccoli, broken into small pieces and slightly pre-cook
1 cup grated Anchor Cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the soup, yoghurt, curry powder, mustard powder and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Stir in the pre-roasted shredded chicken.
- Add the broccoli and mix well.
- Put all of this into a casserole dish and cover the top with a mix of grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 45mins or until golden and cooked through.