You may also like:
Rafaela's Cheesecake slice
This is a zingy lemon and passion fruit slice that is welcome at any get together.
Plus it’s super easy to make.
1/2 cup Butter
1/3 cup Caster sugar
1 1/4 cup Flour
1 cup Heavy cream
2 cups of Tararua cheesecake filling
1 cup Lemon curd
2 tbl Water
the pulp of 8 Passion fruit
To make the base:
1. Preheat the oven to 160C and grease a square, 9 inch tin with a little butter.
2. Place the butter in a mixing bowl with the caster sugar. Beat with an electric whisk until pale and creamy.
3. Add the flour folding with a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before making the filling.
To make the filling:
1. Whip the cream to the stiff peak stage.
2. Fold in the cheesecake filling and 1/2 cup of the lemon curd before spooning over the biscuit base. Chill for 8 hours.
3. Place the remaining lemon curd, water and passion fruit pulp in a bowl and mix until well combined. Pour over the cheesecake slice before serving.