You may also like:
Annabelle's Beef & Blue Cheese Burgers
This is a simple recipe but the quality of the ingredients is critical.
If you have any Meadow Fresh Cream in the fridge, add 1 tablespoon to the meat mix. It will help bind the burgers with super results.
500 g beef mince
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, to brush
100g Puhoi Valley Blue Distinction Cheese
4 rashers bacon (rind removed), halved
4 Nature’s Fresh King Burger Buns
4 Tbsp Edmonds Mayonnaise
4 Tbsp tomato relish
Salad greens (rocket and lettuce work well)
2 large tomatoes, sliced
½ avocado, thinly sliced
1. Place mince, onion and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix and shape into 4 patties and refrigerate.
2. Prior to cooking, allow patties to come to room temperature.
3. Heat barbecue grill plate or non-stick frying pan to a high heat. Brush patties with oil and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Place blue cheese on patties in the final minute or two of cooking. Place bacon on grill plate for 5 minutes each side, or until crispy. Set aside.
4. Cut buns in half, brush with olive oil and grill for 1 minute on each side.
5. Smear bun bottoms with mayonnaise and relish. Top with salad greens, patties, tomato slices and avocado. Season with salt and pepper, add cooked bacon and top with toasted bun tops.